Sunday, May 22, 2011

To Recover a Stolen Heart

A bandit seized my heart one day,
And locked it in a case,
This bandit stole my heart away,
She used her pretty face.

No hand on knife, no fist on hilt,
I laid my weapons down,
Disarmed myself and let hear steal,
My love without a sound.

She took it all, a theft so cruel,
She stripped me to the bone,
In place of what was once a jewel,
She left my soul a stone.

She fled, my thief, when fed her fill,
No love, no hate, no guilt,
To leave my life to crumble down,
Dissolving, wind-blown silt.

And now I sob and grind my teeth,
My soul burns in despair,
For there she lurks, she torments me,
Is pain too much to bear?

Recover love, my only task,
I seek to find my heart,
Discerning truth, to run it's tracks,
No map, I use no chart.

Eternal search, a blessed curse,
To seek what I can't find,
I know that you had loved me first,
Your love is true and tried.

You show the way, you write my course,
Can you my heart restore?
Surrender my harsh grief, so coarse,
Soft love I now implore.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing, you are so talented! I hope I can write like this when I get older. Maybe you will consider posting your work on a website like deviantart. They feature art like literature, photography and film and animation. I post my stuff here and get lots of feedback.

    http://www.deviantart.com/

    Don't stop writing, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete