Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Answered prayer

Frustrated.
That's me.


Perpetually. Inescapably. Increasingly, unceasingly - frustrated.

Life isn't full of dead ends; it IS one. You only end when you're dead. In the meantime, you just helplessly endure each and every roadblock which spitefully interrupts any forward momentum you might have gained since the last one. Wall; wall; wall. Stop. Stop. Stop. (Blank-blank-blank). That's life.

Still, as I take yet another tortured whirl round the mulberry bush, I can't help but notice a little star twinkling. As the dust and debris clear, I (still spinning) see a new bridge emerge - faintly illuminated in singular starlight - from the ashes of the fallen one. Yes, as the bloody bush and broken bridge blur to become mere coffee-stains, my fair lady stands atop the celestially-crowned archway with arms raised and clearly pronounces to its sole hovering lamp: "Thou gem of unexpected beauty and happy circumstance! Give us light beyond life that we, like thee, may guide others into love and truth. Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy. Lord, have mercy."

Now I lay me down to sleep. I sell the world my soul too cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment